Main Advantages of Fire Resistant Hydraulic Fluids
- Anti-wear additives to extend pump life
- Derived from renewable resource
- Does not propagate a flame
- High viscosity index
- Insurance fire protection approval
- Maintains clean running systems
- Readily biodegradable, OECD-301
- Thermal stability
Industries that Benefit from Fire Resistant Hydraulic Fluids:
- Die casting
- Forging plants
- Glass manufacturing
- Metal extrusion
- Power plants
- Steel and aluminum mills
FM Approved ULTRA GUARD 552 Fire Resistant Hydraulic Fluid was formulated by BENZ to outperform and directly replace oil based anti-wear hydraulic fluids used in applications near ignition sources or fire hazards.
ULTRA GUARD 552 reduces the risk of fire spreading and increases the safety and protection of employees.
BENZ’s ULTRA GUARD 552 meets and or exceeds insurance requirements, providing increased plant, equipment and safety protection that can greatly reduce insurance costs.
Higher Productivity with ULTRA GUARD 552
- Compatibility – compatible with most mineral and Polyol-Ester based fluids
- Long Pump Life – natural lubricity extends pump life versus water-based fire resistant products
- Product Consolidation – viscosity design is utilized to consolidate multiple products and reduce inventory
Fire Resistant Hydraulic Fluid Thermal Stability & Deposit Test
ULTRA GUARD 552 vs Competitor Polyol-Ester
Fire Resistant Hydraulic Fluid Product Comparison
**Please Note: Fire resistance should not be confused with fireproof. Fire resistant fluids will still ignite
and burn given specific conditions**
To speak to a BENZ representative on the advantages of fire resistant hydraulic fluids for your specific application, contact them today.
Why an FM Approved Fire Resistant Hydraulic Fluid?
FM Global is an independent organization that specializes in loss prevention services for corporations and certifies industrial fluids that have been tested to evaluate fire hazard risk. Products that have been approved and certified will incorporate the “FM Approved” symbol, verifying the product’s function as intended in meeting the high property loss prevention product testing and certification standards.